Monday, April 6, 2015

Testing the Sleeping Pad


My mom purchased the Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Sleeping Pad for the trip.  I have the Big Agnes Air Core Sleeping Pad that isn't insulated that I used on a trip out to Trout Lake, WA at the UFO Ranch. My pad served me well on my trip.  The temps dropped to below freezing at night and even though it wasn't insulated at all, I was okay (though I was wearing a couple layers of clothing).  So seeing the insulated pad was on sale, I suggested my mom get one for our trip. My pad is a few years old so I'm hoping that they go on sale sale again because I'd like to update mine if I can, plus my husband needs a sleeping pad as well.  These newer ones feature larger baffles on the outer edge that are supposed to keep you centered on the pad.  And it doesn't hurt to have a little insulation either!



The pad arrived, and she finally had a chance to open it up and check it out this weekend.  Apparently, my grandson approves.




No comments:

Post a Comment