Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I'm Baaack

Well, we've finally picked a date to try our backpacking trip again.  This time we'll be going towards the end of  April around Earth Day, which I thought was a fitting time to go.  What better way to celebrate the Earth than to be out in nature.  Hopefully we won't have any Nor'Easters or Hurricanes or, heaven forbid, Blizzards to deal with.  We'll definitely need to be more careful about hanging our food as the bears will be out and hungry.
So now it's time to stop pretending this blog doesn't exist and get back to posting progress while getting into shape.  After we had to end out trip in October early without even kind of finishing, I just didn't want to think about it.  I was seriously disappointed at not finishing, a feeling that was magnified by others who drove home the sense of failure by their comments.  So I stopped working out and gained 20 pounds.  Did this make me feel better? Of course not.  And now I need to work harder to get into shape enough to make the trip.  I'm determined, and after experiencing the AT overnight, I know I really need to work on certain muscle groups. So stay tuned for Take 2 and read along while I whip myself into shape and talk about the things I learned on that one night trip and changes that will be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment