Thursday, April 6, 2017

Hashawha Hike



I'm a little behind in my updates about hiking.  I've been so busy that I'm lucky I find time to get out at all.  About a week ago, my mom, husband and I managed to get in a quick hike at Hashawha Environmental Center nearby.  It's our go-to place since it's only about 15-20 minutes down the road.  Part of me wasn't in the mood for a hike.  I've been experiencing aches and pains in my hip and ankle and both knees on top of fighting off a cold or allergies or some combination of both. 
But when you have an overnight backpacking trip coming up and you're sadly out of shape and 20 pounds heavier than you were on your last trip, you need to suck it up and get back into the swing of things.
The weather was awesome, which hasn't always been the case lately.  Needless to say, we should have some pretty awesome May flowers once April is done with its rain.  We hiked our usual trails, but opted to do them in reverse.  It's amazing how much different everything looks when you walk it in the opposite direction.  The spring peepers were out in force, and the sun was shining.  By the end of the hike I was happy I decided to go.  Nothing is better for curing the blahs than a walk in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment