Friday, April 28, 2017

Easter Hike Looking for Sascrotch

Over Easter weekend, my family and I went on a 3 mile hike out at the Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve.  This has become one of our favorite spots to go for a relaxing hike and it doesn't hurt that the Appalachian Brewing Company Biergarten is on the way home.

We took the Swamp Trail again because it travels along the creek.  My 3 year old grandson was along for this hike, and he has a love for water.  Or more specifically throwing things in the water.  The skunk cabbage was growing tall with all the warm wet weather we had prior to the weekend.


My grandson loves to hike.  He has his own hiking pole, and he's always talking about going for a hike.  Sometimes he brings "noculars" to look for wildlife, sometimes he has a compass to look for treasure (he joined a scout geocaching adventure once) but no matter what, he always enjoys himself.  When he was getting a little tired, someone mentioned Sasquatch.  From that point on, every fallen tree, every foot print larger that his own and every clawed up stump was the fault of.... Assquatch. Also sometimes called Sascrotch.  Either way, hearing him say it sends me into hysterics.  But that's because I think I have the soul of a 12 year old boy.
Our hike turned into an Assquatch hunting expedition.  My grandson was certain he (Assquatch) built the cool suspension bridge we had to cross.
As we did before, we ended our hike at the Appalachian Brewing Company Biergarten for one of their tasty brews.  This time I had Hoppy Trails, and I was feeling pretty Hoppy around halfway through.  Seriously.  My mom drove home.
This weekend we have a 2 day trip planned with an overnight and hopefully all goes well.  It it does, I will have finished MD and most of WV.


No comments:

Post a Comment