Monday, February 23, 2015

Six Miler

 
Three of the 7 going on The Trip
 Saturday brought some significant snow to our area.  I'm guessing it was around 8 inches or so.  Needless to say, it caused some issues with our planned Sunday hike.  With a little maneuvering and a couple of phone calls, we decided to walk along the road in the Gettysburg National Battlefield Park.  Walking along the road isn't my favorite thing to do, but I'd rather be outside (especially when the weather is sunny and in the 40's) than sitting in the house.  So off we went.
The weather was great after dealing with several days of subzero windchill and snow.  We walked/hiked one way until we got the an area that was closed then turned around and walked the other way.  All total we did about 6 miles.  Physically I was feeling pretty good.  The only issue I had was my hip.  I fell on it last year and every now and then it gives me a little problem.  It had actually been fine, but today it was really aching.  It probably warrants a trip to the doctor to get it double checked.  When I got home, I ran a hot bath, lit my stress relief candle and put on some Chopin and soaked in a hot bubble bath.  Between that and some ibuprofen, I was feeling better.  Looking forward to the next hike we have planned and hoping we have weather as nice as today (except without the snow covering the ground).

A couple of scenic shots from the hike.
A random canon on the left and Eisenhower Farm on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment